Wednesday 18 May 2011

Out of the mouths of babes...

My sons keep me chuckling, even when I least expect it. The other day I stuck some lovely animal stickers on the wall next to the little one's cot. They are padded ones, slightly sparkly and brightly coloured. He has of course picked most off by now but hey ho. My 5 year old came in to look at the newly stuck stickers and said,'Ooo, animals, there's a funny flower, a lion, a Zoo sign and an elephant with a dead giraffe on it's back ..(deadpan).
I laughed as I had previously thought that the spotted blanket on the elephant's back did look like a dead giraffe but perished the thought.

Last night I was getting in my jamas whilst bathing the 2 boys and my 5 year old asked, 'What are you doing, Mummy?'
'Putting cream on to make my skin soft', I replied.
'Yes', said my boy, 'Don't struggle with stubborn hard skin, like on the telly at my dad's'. I cracked up... They speak plainly and isn't it great?

No comments:

Post a Comment