Thursday 17 March 2011

Allelu, Alleluyah!

I went to the school Church service today. It's C of E and we're Catholic, so having not been in a C of E Church since, well I can't remember a service although I must have at some point. Lovely Church, very austere inside and the whole, albeit small primary school attended.

It was really lovely. The Head (who is a Canon) prides the school on being a big 'singing' school. The hymns were sung without hymnbook and as I was at the front with my row of infants, I was scared I wouldn't know any of them (wondered if the hymns would be different to Catholic), but it was such a lovely transportation back to my own childhood, I soon remembered the words and of course the music is unforgettable. Those children sung their hearts out! His teacher has a lovely singing voice and sang harmony to 'Seek ye first the Kingdom of God'. It made me so glad that my son can experience this with his peers, and not just with his 'ol Mum.

Teaching the faith is an important integral part of life for me. I think I'm the only one of 5 children who has leant on and enjoyed my faith, and even if my children disregard it as they get older, I want them to have the wonderful grounding they can always go back to at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment